As with any other dimensions, you can also promote a User dimension to become a filtering option on your Criteria bar.
Right click the User dimension to add it to the Criteria bar:
This feature is great value, especially when working with User dimensions with custom Dynamic criteria:
Notice: You cannot add Local User dimensions to the Criteria Bar. A User dimension must be Shared before it can be added to the Criteria Bar.
Multi-select user dimension members
In example above, the user dimension members can only be single-selected (the radio buttons).
To be able to multi-select user dimension members, you must enable 'Multiselect' when designing the user dimension:
To allow multi-select on a user dimension, it must adhere to these rules:
- The members must be designed from the same dimension.
- The operator must be either 'equal to' or 'between'.
- The members of the user dimension must use the same operator. I.e. you cannot have one member using the 'equal to' operator while the other members use the 'between' operator.
- Often, an 'equal to' operator can be changed to a 'between' operator, if necessary. Example: Equal to 'This month' can be changed to Between 'This month' and 'This month'.
- Member properties does not work together with multi-select.