Start out by opening the Server Manager.
Add a new role to the server.
Add the Web Server (IIS) role.
When prompted, allow the required features to be added.
Click ‘Next’ to initiate the installation.
Select the required role services, as specified in the TARGIT Touch Server requirements.
If prompted, allow the required role services and features to be added.
When the desired role services have been checked on the list, click ‘Next’ to proceed with the installation.
Note: Remember that the following features must be installed in order for TARGIT Touch Server to work:
- Security | Windows Authentication
- Application Development | ASP.Net
- Common HTTP Features | Static Content
- Common HTTP Features | Default Document
- Common HTTP Features | HTTP Redirection
- Common HTTP Features | Directory Browsing
Verify that all the features are shown in the summary and click ‘Install’ to install the Web Server role on Windows Server 2008.
When the installation is done, the following screen will be displayed.
Check that everything went as expected, by opening a browser navigating to http://localhost