Swap graphs with button clicks - video guide

Here is a small guide on how you can display one graph in a dashboard, and when clicking a button the graph is replaced by another graph.

The example is a line graph showing accumulated data for all locations, and when button is clicked it is replaced with a graph showing multiple lines for multiple locations.

Was this article helpful?
3 out of 3 found this helpful

Comments

4 comments
  • Hi Ole,

This is an amazing Workaround ;-) 

It would be pretty nice if a button-frame-function and a trigger-function to make an object invisible replace this.

• Hey Ole,

A while ago I posted about this on the communities and you responded fairly quick with the above answer which I have been using for a while now and works perfect. However I am now running into limitations of the functionalities of this workaround. The main limitation is the button removing all criteria with the "update global criteria" function. When I have criteria selected I want these to be active after clicking the button and switching views again. Do you know if there is the possibility for this with the current workaround? 

• Hi Glenn,

I am kind of "abusing" the 'replace global criteria' trigger option to achieve the shown functionality.

Of course, you can add even more specific local criteria to the click-buttons, but they will still be "hard-coded" and will not be able to respect any user criteria that may have been applied after the document has been opened.

So, yes, it does have its limitations.

BR / Ole

• Hi Ole, great video :)

but even though I copy your method on my data 1:1, it wont work. i have found that the problem happens in the button part. When i click at the button the criterias dont apply, meaning that my graph stay hidden? have you seen this problem before? do you have a possible solution.

best regards Tobias

Please sign in to leave a comment.