A ‘ragged’ hierarchy is a hierarchy where different branches of the hierarchy have different numbers of levels.
- Create another Cross table, Revenue per Customer Country(Country)
- Add a calculation, Accumulated sum = sum(d-1, d1:0, m1).
- Expand Canada, to simulate a ragged hierarchy.
Note: The accumulation "starts over" in the expanded part of the hierarchy. This is because the default Hierarchy Modifier (= no Hierarchy Modifier) is set to include elements on the same level as the current element.
- Add the 'ragged' modifier r0 to the calculation:
- sum(d-1, d1:0(r0), m1).
- This will force the calculation to include elements at the lowest level in the hierarchy according to the current expansion of the table.
Note: The accumulation now continues despite the uneven hierarchy levels.