TARGIT 2021 - TARGIT 2022
The Map object has now been consolidated into a single object type. Previously, maps could be one of at least three different object types.
Furthermore, the TARGIT 2021 version of maps now offers a range of new features, highly requested by end-users:
- Point location by Longitude and Latitude
- Auto-mapping of new members
If your data contain longitude and latitude information, you can choose the Longitude/Latitude mapping type from the Locations tab in the Map properties dialog.All members with longitude and latitude information will then be mapped.New members with longitude and latitude information that are subsequently added to your data set, will automatically be mapped without further user interaction.
Please note that in order for Longitude/Latitude mapping to work correctly on custom maps, the projection type of these maps must be the 'equirectangular projection' mode.Furthermore, the edges of the maps must be defined with regard to longitude and latitude information. These coordinates are set when adding/changing the map image.
The other mapping type is called 'Area mapping'. This option can be used if your map image is an SVG image with well-defined areas.As part of the Area mapping dialog you select the dimension, e.g. Country, that you would like to map to a specific entry in your SVG image, e.g. area ID.If new members are added to your data set, or if new areas are defined in the SVG image, these will automatically be mapped without further user interaction.
You can even create a combination of Point maps and Area maps:
Turn your point maps into Heatmaps. From the Color tab in the Maps properties dialog, you can select the Heatmap option and work with a few settings:
- Max value. Sets the maximum value of your measure that will result in the most intense color as defined by your color gradient.
- Radius. The radius, in pixels, of an individual heatmap point.
- Opacity. Enter a value between 0 and 1. E.g., a value of 0.5 means 50% opacity which would make it easier to see the background image through the heatmap points.
- Color gradient. Lets you select from a list of pre-defined color gradients - or you can define your own custom gradient.The top/left color is used at the edge of the heatmap point, while the bottom/right color is used at the center of the heatmap point.
How can I copy the systems maps to the customs map folder?
I need some extra regions like Russia and North/South America. Guess I can select the region by changing the longitude and latitude. Maybe you also know a good website for these maps. I like the dark grey color.
To copy images from System maps to Custom maps, you should
A good website for free SVG maps: https://www.amcharts.com/svg-maps/
BR / Ole
Please sign in to leave a comment.