In case you cannot work with the standard Online demo data - either due to being offline, or due to complications with opening the required ports - we hereby offer an offline version of the same demo data.
Due to the nature of being offline, you cannot expect these data to be "up to date" like the online version. However, if necessary, you may revisit this article to check for any new/updated offline demo data. The expectation is to update these data at least once a year, with new data available around year end.
You TARGIT solution must support (must have license for) the TARGIT InMemory module. If you have downloaded and installed a 30 days trial version of the TARGIT Decision Suite, the TARGIT InMemory will be included in these 30 days.
The zip archive
The zip archive, attached to this article, contains all the necessary files required to establish the Offline demo data environment:
- Database. The InMemory database containing all necessary demo data.
- Datamodel. The Datamodel that sets up the correct definitions with regard to cubes, dimensions, measures etc.
- Documents. All the sample documents (dashboards and reports) that comes with the demo data.
How to install the Offline demo data
There will be a few manual steps in getting Offline demo data to work on your own TARGIT installation.
Disable the original Online demo data:
- Open the TARGIT Management client and go to 'Setup' / 'Cloud Functions'
- Remove the checkmark from 'TARGIT Online Demo Data'
- On the TARGIT Server, go to C:\ProgramData\TARGIT\ANTServer\Settings\Connections and open the connections.xml file
- Rename the connection name "TARGIT Online Demodata" to e.g., "TARGIT Online Demodata Org".
Restore the InMemory database:
- From the zip archive's Database folder, copy the Demodata.targitdb file
- Paste it into the C:\ProgramData\TARGIT\TARGIT InMemoryDB\Data folder
Restore sample dashboards and reports:
- From the zip archive's Documents folder, copy all files and subfolders
- Paste into the C:\ProgramData\TARGIT\ANTServer\VFS\Global\DemoData folder (if \Global\DemoData does not exist, you may need to create these folders first)
- Open the TARGIT Management client and go to 'Connections'
- Right click to add a new connection: Relational database, TARGIT InMemory database
- Name the connection exactly like this: TARGIT Online Demodata
- Enter servername, username (default) and password (Pa$$W0rd) and look up the DemoData database
Import Data Model:
- Right click the new connection to open the Data Model Editor
- In the Data Model Editor, use the 'Import' button to import the Datamodel.xml file from the zip archive
With these steps, you should now be able to open your TARGIT Designer client and start working with the Sales cube, Finance cube etc. from the TARGIT Online Demodata connection. Also, from the Shared folder, you should able to open any of the sample dashboards and reports.
thanks for your post. Anyway, in my mind, this is not the perfect solution. Sorry!
Thanks for your post. We don't have InMemory on our servers - I think we have to download a 30 days trial version for the purpose.
BR / Jette
Hej Ole Dyring
Could we get a new OfflineDemodata.zip file with data until 2023?
That's better for trainings and demo analysis with dynamic time dimensions.
Thank you very much!
I have updated the zip file with new data.
BR / Ole
thanks for the update. Is it possible to obtain up-to-date data for the Finance and Production departments as well? These data still seems to end in 2020 and 2021.
Thank you very much!
Please sign in to leave a comment.