2023 - August Deprecations
Older documents cannot be opened
As has been mentioned before, we are deprecating older dashboards. And by older dashboards (and reports) we are talking about dashboards dated prior to the 2019 version of the TDS. This is necessary as part of the product rewrite (and general evolution). In the upcoming release it is no longer possible to open documents that haven't been saved in a 2019 version of TARGIT or newer.
To keep these dashboards you will need to open and save them individually in a 2022 version before upgrading.
When saved in the latest version of the TDS, they will no longer be obsolete and will be supported going forward. If you do not save these dashboards in the new format, you will not be able to open them in the upcoming release later this year. The current release of the TARGIT Decision Suite enables you to identify these dashboards easily.
The start menu offers a menu item (Obsolete documents) showing obsolete (to be deprecated) documents. From here they can be opened and saved in the current format:
If you do not use this menu item and open a dashboard created in a TDS version prior to 2019, a "nag screen" will appear indicating that this dashboard will soon be deprecated. You can simply click 'OK' and continue using the dashboard. However, to remove the nag-screen, simply save the dashboard and it will be "up to date".
Please note again that in the upcoming release it is no longer possible to open obsolete documents that haven't been saved in a 2019 version of TARGIT or newer. The only option is to delete them.
Video guide on how handle Obsolete Documents:
Tabs in mobile apps can no longer be selected
For both of the new IOS and Android apps the selection of tabs has been removed. If opening bookmarks with multiple tabs only the first tab is opened.
Deeplink URLs with criteria no longer supported
Links to documents with criteria as parameter (https://community.targit.com/hc/en-us/articles/6165979505169-Anywhere-URL-with-criteria-selection) is no longer supported. Instead, use the more flexible Generic embedding for easier maintenance.
Statistics Denmark is replaced with new online driver
The old Statistics Denmark was a plugin only available to Data Discovery. We have created a new online driver that is available in both ETL Studio and Data Discovery. The new driver is the only one that will be supported in the future. The old plugin continues to exist, but will not be updated and will be removed when breaking API changes are made. Please migrate to the new online driver immediately if using the old plugin in Data Discovery.
DB2 iSeries driver is no longer supported
Because of a technical move to a new framework, the DB2 iSeries driver is no longer supported, since a new driver for the framework is not available. Please note that the driver's settings should be adjusted and must reference a .NET 7 version of IBM.Data.DB2.Core.dll and IBM.Data.DB2.Core.DB2Connection class.
Ad-hoc user dimensions by "magic drop" is no longer supported
The functionality of creating user dimensions by dragging a dimension in a dashboard onto another dimension is deprecated.
Print of drillthrough is no longer supported in Anywhere
Because of limited formatting options of drillthrough prints with the new architecture, we have decided to deprecate this functionality in the Anywhere client.
Gauge trend arrow is no longer added automatically
Gauge trend arrows has previously been added in some cases when creating a new gauge. Trend arrows have also been added to an object in cases where KPI values from Analysis Services have been used. In all cases going forward, trend arrows are only added if the designer adds them.
Signed login is no longer supported
Because of technical constraints and the fact that OpenID is used by more and more customers, this version ends support of signed login. Further documentation on OpenID is available here.
'Ignore all changes' criteria option is removed
The criteria behavior option 'Ignore all changes' is removed since most functionality is covered by the other behavior options in combination with e.g. local criteria.
'Ignore all changes' actually saves a criteria set, that is always applied to the object. With the removal of this setting, these criteria are instead converted to local criteria. This conversion takes place every time the document is opened, until the document is saved with these new local criteria.
Level select in time slider object
Level select in time slider no longer expands/collapses other objects.
Scheduled classic reports are no longer available
Classic reports was deprecated in the 2021 Summer release . However, scheduled jobs was listed in scheduled jobs up until now. With the upcoming release, scheduled classic reports are no longer displayed in the list of scheduled jobs, hence it is no longer possible to convert schedules of classic reports to the new report layouts. Please make sure all schedules points to the new report layouts before upgrading to this release.
Deprecation of Google Analytics Plugin
The Google Analytics plugin we are supporting in the current version of TDS supported in both DD and InMemory will be deprecated by Google end of June this year.
After that (and the API deprecation by Google is put into effect) the current TARGIT plugins will no longer work.
As a mitigative action we have developed a new Online provider for Google Analytics V4 to potentially replace the existing plugins. The new provider has to be set up manually for Customers wanting to continue using Google Analytics as a data source after the deprecation of the current plugin is put into effect. Please refer to the documentation on setting up the new provider.
It is not possible to automatically convert from the existing to the new online provider.
Currently the Online provider for Google Analytics V4 is undergoing test. Release of this provider will be announced immediately upon completion of test and documentation.
2022 Winter deprecations
In the upcoming version of TARGIT Decision Suite, please notice the following deprecations.
These versions of the operating system will no longer be supported:
Windows Server 2012 R2
- Due to technical upgrades in the TDS this version of Windows will no longer be supported.
- Due to technical upgrades in the TDS this version of Windows will no longer be supported.
In an effort to focus development resources on new features and data drivers that see a lot of usage, we have decided to deprecate the following drivers from our InMemory and Data Discovery offerings. These are drivers that see very little usage and/or we are not able to obtain test environments to ensure the quality we strive for.
|Alteryx||InMemory + Data Discovery|
|Dynamics CRM||InMemory||The old Dynamics CRM driver has been deprecated and a new online data provider has been made. The new one is available in both InMemory and Data Discovery:
Setting up Online Data Provider for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales CRM
|Google BigQuery||InMemory + Data Discovery|
|Google Trends||InMemory + Data Discovery|
|Import IO||Data Discovery|
|MongoDB||InMemory + Data Discovery|
|Rocket Software Unidata||InMemory|
|SharePoint||InMemory + Data Discovery||The old SharePoint driver has been deprecated and a new online data provider has been made: Setting up Online Data Provider for Microsoft SharePoint|
2022 Spring, Update 3 deprecations
(Build 22.06.21002, released 22nd June 2022)
Dashboards created prior to the TARGIT 2019 version
- To keep these dashboards you will need to open and save them individually.
- When saved in the latest version of the TDS, they will no longer be obsolete and will be supported going forward. If you do not save these dashboards in the new format, you will not be able to open them in versions released next year.
- This release of the TDS will enable you to identify these dashboards easily:
- The start menu will offer a menu item showing obsolete (to be deprecated) documents. From here they can be opened and saved in the current format.
- If you do not use this menu item and open a dashboard created in a TDS version prior to 2019, a dialog will appear indicating that this dashboard will soon be deprecated. You can simply click ok and continue using the dashboard, however to keep the dialog from popping up every time a document is opened, simply verify the content of the dashboard and save it.
2022 Spring deprecations
(Build 22.02.25005, released 28th February 2022)
- Internet Explorer will no longer be supported for the Anywhere client. Microsoft has stopped support for this browser, and so have we.
- GIS maps are no longer supported due to compatibility issues with the latest .NET 6 Framework.
Local cube files
- Local cub files are no longer supported due to compatibility issues with the latest .NET 6 Framework. This is one of the main reasons for moving our Demo Data into the Cloud as an InMemory database.
- We have decided to retire the What-If object from the 2022 Spring release. Please note that documents containing a What-If object does not load in this release and will have to be recreated.
- The old SalesForce plugin is removed from Data Discovery due to the introduction of the new online driver that is much easier to update and maintain.
2021 Summer deprecations
(Build 21222, released 14th June 2021)
- Reports created prior to the 2019 version are no longer supported.
- Before upgrading to this version, any remaining Classic reports should be converted to the new report format.
- See this article: Report conversion - from Classical reports to new report format
(Build 19184, released 28th October 2020)
- Impersonation is not supported in 2021 ('Effective user' is still supported). The move to the new HTTP communication is a big leap forward and brings many advantages. However, it also means that user credentials to use impersonation are not kept after a user logs in, which is why impersonation will not work in 2021.
32-bit Windows client
- Support for the 32-bit Windows client has ended, since most hardware is now running 64-bit and keeping compatibility with 32-bit would slow down the development of the TARGIT Decision Suite.