(Versions: 2022, 2021, 2019)
You can customize a Anywhere URL to open a specified document, and furthermore - within the URL string - specify which global criteria should apply to the document when opened.
As an example, look at this URL:
Notice: For improved readability of above, line breaks have been inserted. Normally this URL will be one string without line breaks.
Breaking down the URL to its basic elements:
- This is the basic URL the Anywhere client. In this example, 'localhost' is the name of the server running the Anywhere web site. You may need to replace 'localhost' with the proper server name within your organisation.
- This is the part of the URL that opens the document named 'Simple Revenue Analysis', located in the Shared/Training folder.
- Notice: Spaces, as in the file name 'Simple Revenue Analysis', must be presented with the URL code %20.
- Notice: 'Global' is the physical name of the folder that end-users see as 'Shared' in the TARGIT client.
- This is the part of the URL that apply 'Denmark' as a global criteria.
- Notice: This part always starts with a '?'
- Name of the database connection: TARGIT%20Online%20Demodata = 'TARGIT Online Demodata'.
- Name of the cube: Sales
- Name of the dimension: Customer%20Country = 'Customer Country'
- This part of the URL apply 'France' as an additional global criteria.
- Notice: Any additional criteria - after the first criteria - must start with an "&".
- Otherwise, works in the same way as the 'Denmark' criteria above.
Tip: How to determine the correct dimension syntax
Sometimes it is not clear what the underlying dimension reference syntax should be just by looking at the names of the dimensions in the TARGIT client. For instance, these names may have been translated from their original Data Warehouse names to something more user friendly.
To make sure that you use the correct syntax for referring your dimensions etc., you can temporarily add a global criteria, using the dimension in question, and then save the document to your own desktop.
The resulting .xview file can then be opened in Notepad for further investigation.
Example: I want to include the criteria 'Company = Eliminations' to my Anywhere URL. In the TARGIT Designer client, the Company dimension looks just like 'Company':
However, when I add 'Company = Eliminations' as a global criteria, save the document to my Desktop and open it in Notepad, I can see that the syntax is slightly different:
In fact, the dimension's real name is 'Company.Name' and this must be reflected in the latter part of the Anywhere URL:
Please sign in to leave a comment.