Generally speaking, as an end-user, you can consume TARGIT data in three different ways:
- Active. You work directly with the available Dashboards, Analyses and Reports. All the data questions you may ask can be answered be using the filtering options within the TARGIT documents. Data never needs to leave the TARGIT client.
- Export. Here, you will also work directly with the available Dashboards, Analyses and Reports, but once you have found the necessary data, the next step is to export it from the TARGIT client. The export may be necessary for a number of reasons:
- To immediately forward the result to someone without access to TARGIT (Email).
- To use the result for presentation purposes (Image or PowerPoint).
- To continue crunching the data in another tool (Excel).
- Passive. A Passive user is a user that does not have access to TARGIT and maybe even don’t know about the existence of TARGIT. Passive users often receive TARGIT data by email through Scheduled jobs, which are automated tasks that are set up to run according to a fixed scheme, e.g. once every Monday. Scheduled jobs are mostly used to distribute TARGIT data by one of these media types:
- PDF files – reports are send out as PDF files.
- Images – Dashboards are send out as screenshots.
- Excel – dashboard data exported as Excel files.
Notice: Many of the described features in this lesson require the
Enterprise Distribution add-on license to your TARGIT installation.
Please sign in to leave a comment.