The Insights module stores data about all your documents, document paths etc.
With this information, you can build dashboards with an overview of your documents and document structure, which can be quite useful in itself.
In addition, you can also create URLs to open these document directly in a browser with the Anywhere client or in a web box.
These are the necessary steps to achieve this:
- Create a simple table containing Document Path and Document Title from the TARGIT Insights Usage cube. Filter by Document type = 'Document'.
- Add this table as a Data Source in Data Discovery.
- Add a Format to this data source to create columns with proper Anywhere URL strings.
- Add the Format to a Data Discovery cube and create a Dashboard containing a table with clickable Anywhere URL strings.
- Alternatively, use transfer the Anywhere URL strings to a Web Box within the same dashboard.
A simple table with Document Path and Document Title from Insights
Notice the filter: Document Type = Document
Save this document as it is going to be used as a data source in Data Discovery.
TARGIT table as data source in Data Discovery
Add Format with additional columns for Anywhere URL strings
Document Path and Document Title are the two columns from the original table. The other columns are all added custom columns.
regexreplace(&DocumentPath, " ","%20")
Dashboard with clickable Anywhere URLs
Dashboard with Web box