As an administrator, you will sometimes experience that someone with a TARGIT license no longer needs it.
It could be someone relocated to another department or maybe even someone who leaves the company.
Here is a checklist of all the potential tasks associated with such an event, feel free to comment below if you have something to add.
- Remove the person from logins in TARGIT Management to free the license and make it available for someone else
- Remove the person from membership of rights and roles (could be automatic if your rights and roles are managed through AD groups)
- Check if the person is listed as a recipient of scheduled jobs and consider to either delete those jobs or changing the recipient list
- Check if the person is listed as an owner of scheduled jobs.
In that case, you need to assign all these scheduled jobs to someone else (with similar access to data)
- Check if the person is Scheduled Jobs Administrator (rights in TARGIT Management) - especially if the person is the ONLY user with this right, you need to assign this to someone else
- Check if the person is listed as an owner of data sources or cubes in Data Discovery.
In that case, you must assign all these data sources and cubes to someone else.
- Check if the person is Data Discovery Administrator - especially if the person is the ONLY user with this right, you need to assign this to someone else
- Finally, if the person is the only one with the right to work with TARGIT Management, remember to give someone else similar rights (before the person leaves...)
It would also be nice if you could let us know about the person leaving and the replacement, so we can keep our systems updated with contacts, and make sure the replacement has access to the TARGIT Portal, Community and potentially E-learning :-)