The "Dynamic content" options are available for all objects. For Text box objects (prior versions: Layout objects) and Menu items, in captions and subcaptions - for other objects, in Title, Labels and Mouse overs.
Generally, the options are:
- Members - typically for displaying first / last / all members of the selected dimension according to the filtered data set.
- Criteria - will show the actual criteria for the selected dimension regardless of the result of the filtered data set.
- Dimension - a handy way of inserting the name of a dimension. Will dynamically change according to end-user language.
- Measure - a handy way of inserting the name of a measure. Will dynamically change according to end-user language.
- System variables - a number of informational, useful and auto generated text strings.
How can I add a measure to a text box? In the Dynamic Content menu I only see Measure Name.
For example Customer Name - Credit Limit USD. I have a report with a iteration per customer.
You cannot add a measure value to a Text box - only the measure name, as you already discovered.
Potential work arounds: Either you would try to combine a Text box with a KPI object as two overlapping/transparent objects. Or you would try to mix text together with measure values in a KPI object alone. Both has its limitations, though.
More about advanced label/text editor (for the KPI approach) here: https://community.targit.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016155677-Advanced-Labels
BR / Ole
Please sign in to leave a comment.