TARGIT 2021, Build 19184. Released October 2020.
The TARGIT 2021 version includes a range of new features, bug fixes, and general performance improvements across the product.
TARGIT Insights is a new add-on product that comes with the TARGIT 2021 version. TARGIT Insights will provide valuable information about the use and current state of your TARGIT solution.
Link to relevant section: Insights
Link to feature description: TARGIT Insights 2021 RTM
Maps: Longitude, Latitude, Heatmap
The Map object has now been consolidated into a single object type. Previously, maps could be one of at least three different object types.
Furthermore, the TARGIT 2021 version of maps now offers a range of new features, highly requested by end-users:
- Point location by Longitude and Latitude
- Auto-mapping of new members
Link to relevant section: Maps
Link to feature description: Maps: Longitude, Latitude, Heatmap
Dynamic/Static periods criteria
End-users will now be able to freely select from either Static options or Dynamic options when working with Time dimensions in the Criteria bar.
Link to relevant section: Dynamic Criteria
Link to feature description: Dynamic/Static periods criteria
Dynamic Hours and Minutes
In addition to Dynamic periods on Years, Quarters, Months, Weeks and Days, TARGIT now also support Dynamic criteria on Hours and Minutes.
Link to relevant section: Dynamic Time setup
Link to feature description: Dynamic Hours and Minutes
Hide objects if no data
You can now hide an object if it contains no data. In previous versions you would see the "No data to display with the current selection of criteria" message, which by many end-users erronously has been perceived as an error.
The option is a Visibility option in the Properties Smartpad to 'Hide if empty result'.
Link to relevant section: Visibility
Link to feature description: Hide objects if no data
Disable Object Interaction
From the Object list, you can now disable all end-user interaction with the object.
Potential reasons for diabling object interaction:
- To prevent end-users from seeing sensitive data (e.g. the detail data in the table behind a KPI object).
- To prevent end-users from exporting confidential data.
- To completely hide the object toolbar.
- To disable drills.
Link to relevant section: User Interface
Link to feature description: Disable Objects Interaction
Label, Shape and Image objects
These are all objects that are made for simplicity.
Furthermore, as opposed to Text box objects, these simple objects do not request any data. So use the simple objects where possible to improve performance.
The simple objects are:
- Label. A single line of text that can be formatted by font style, size and color.
- Shape. Lines, Rectangles, Circles and Triangles - useful as separators, colored backgrounds, trigger indicators etc.
- Image. Images can be added directly from a file or as an URL.
Link to relevant section: Text boxes and Layout objects
Link to feature description: Label, Shape and Image objects
Override Data Points Limit
When you are working with large data sets in graphs, TARGIT will operate with a default upper limit of data points. If the limit is exceeded, you will not see all data points, but rather just a sample of the data.
In most cases this works well to improve the time it takes to present representative data.
In some cases, however, it is necessary to see more data points - or even all of them - albeit this may be at the cost of poorer performance. You can override the Data Point Limit in the Charts dialog.
Link to relevant section: Chart formatting
Link to feature description: Override Data Points Limit
The default alignment option is to keep the page centered vertically and horizontally, but now the Page settings dialog offer options for Top, Bottom, Left, Right, Center and Middle alignments.
Link to relevant section: Templates
Link to feature description: Canvas Alignment
Triggers have been improved in many different aspects:
- Export active document.
- Export specific layout.
- Update global criteria from trigger object.
- Relative trigger links.
Link to relevant section: Triggers
Link to feature description: Trigger Improvements
User Dimensions as criteria
The Criteria Editor - global or local criteria - can now handle User Dimensions as well.
Link to relevant section: User Dimensions
Link to feature description: User Dimensions as criteria
Improved Dynamic Content
We have improved the display of dynamic content, especially when adding a dimension with the 'Criteria' option.
- Displaying nothing when no criteria have been selected.
- Displaying the actual criteria range - rather than a range based on the available data.
- Not displaying operators where unnecessary. E.g. not displaying '=' and '<' signs.
Link to relevant section: Text boxes and Layout objects
Link to feature description: Improved dynamic content
System variable for Report Iteration member
When working with iterations in reports, you can now add a much more generic 'Iteration value' system variable.
This variable can be used to produce section headers in your report - even if you decide to change the dimensions in the iteration table.
Link to relevant section: Report Iterations
Link to feature description: System variable for Report Iteration member
TARGIT InMemory has been improved on a number of points.
- Support for running another ETL scipt from within an ETL script
- Use Schedule Manager to manage schedules for ETL projects
- Retry option (In case of ETL failures)
- Preview top 100 records in Import tasks
- Copy/Paste and Search/Replace support in ETL studio
- Memory Savings: Server-wide exclusion of tables from being loaded into memory
- Support for "Lazy" unload of columns in a database
- Query Tool: Keep drop-down database locked when database selected
Data Model Editor improvements
The relational Data Model Editor now also supports:
- Ragged hierarchies
- Empty members
- Dates as measures